1. Website Visitors Like most website operators, CIDA collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. CIDA’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how CIDA’s visitors use its website. From time to time, CIDA may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
CIDA also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www,datos.ph blog posts. CIDA only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
2. Personally-Identifying Information Certain visitors to CIDA’s websites choose to interact with CIDA in ways that require CIDA to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that CIDA gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who leave a comment at http://www,datos.ph to provide a username and email address.
3. Security The securities of your Personal Information are important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
a. In the operation, Management and maintenance of the site and in the collection of data from its users, CIDA shall strictly observe and ensure compliance with the provisions of Data Privacy Act (RA No. 10173) and the E-commerce Law( RA No. 8792)
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
7. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information CIDA discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on CIDA’s behalf or to provide services available at CIDA’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using CIDA’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. CIDA will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, CIDA discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when CIDA believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CIDA, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of http://www,datos.ph and have supplied your email address, CIDA may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with CIDA and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. CIDA takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
8. Aggregated Statistics CIDA may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. CIDA may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, CIDA does not disclose your personally-
9. Affiliate Disclosure This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
10. Cookies To enrich and perfect your online experience, CIDA uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
10. E-commerce Those who engage in transactions with CIDA – by purchasing CIDA’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, CIDA collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with CIDA. CIDA does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
GIVEN THE ABOVE MENTIONED UNDERTAKING, CIDA SHALL HOLD DATOS, AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND PERSONNEL, FREE AND HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM WHICH MIGHT BE INSTITUTED BY THIRD PERSONS AND/OR CUSTOMERS IN RELATION TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA AND/OR PERSONAL INFORMATION.